Lewis & Clark students were so very fortunate to have presentations on fire safety during their school day Tuesday by Caldwell’s Fire Fighters!
I visited with a fourth grade student to see what he took away from the presentation, here are his thoughts. “Students learned that house fires could happen very easily and how quickly a fire can take off in a home. Examples were given for students to relate to ways fires start, like the microwave. They were instructed to have two ways out of the burning structure, the first way is through a door if the fire has just started, but to use a window if the door is warm!!” THANK YOU LUIS for the great information!!
After the presentations, fire fighters took to the playground to interact with the students, below are a few of those interactions some modified four square, two on one basketball and even a tough game of tether ball!
The kids loved having them out on the playground!! A big thank you to all of the fire fighters who were here Tuesday and for all of those who serve our community so well!! THANK YOU!!