The Cougar Wrestling Club!!!
Check out the engaging activities to try out at home!!
Email Mrs. Adams pictures of the activities you complete, and with family approval those photos could appear right here on the post to inspire other families to give them a try! I look forward to hearing from you and seeing your photos! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org HAVE FUN!
Create a self portrait using the link! Click the picture to get the directions!
Virtual learning is underway and PE starts on Monday, August 31st! Teachers have built time into the daily schedule for you to engage in PE! Just know that engaging your body helps engage your brain! Take time to get up and move and give your eyes, brain and body a break from the screen! Your PE lesson is posted in the google classroom, specifically your grade level specials classroom. Example 1st Grade Specials or 5th grade Specials within the google classroom.
Codes and links have been sent out OR an invitation has been sent for you to join!
At the top of the Specials google classroom select CLASSWORK. It will open with all 4 specials listed. Assignments will be under each specials tab.
A welcome video is currently available for you to watch and a lesson is set to be posted at 8 am Monday the 31st!
I am here to help, reach out if you need support, use my school email to reach me!
The American Heart Association has created a fun infographic to help get you moving! The links below are provided in English and Spanish! Have fun get up and moving.
Having Trouble with the pictures, here is the text from the infographic!
25 Ways to Get Kids Moving at Home
- Run in place for 30 seconds
- Dance party for 1 minute
- Stand up and sit down 10 times
- Read standing up
- Hot lave! Keep a balloon in the air without touching the ground (make it harder by only using heads or elbows
- Jumping Jacks
- Do the hokey pokey
- See how many squats you can do in 15 seconds
- Stand up, touch your toes
- Wall sit while reading
- One-minute yoga
- Stretch your hands high over your head
- Arm circles forward for 30 seconds, arm circles backward for 30 seconds
- 10 frog jumps
- Standing mountain climbers for 30 seconds
- Stand on one leg, put your hands up, put your hands out to the side
- 5 lunges on the right leg, 5 lunges on the left leg
- Practice spelling, do a squat for every vowel
- Run in place for 30 seconds, check your heart rate
- Practice spelling by doing a jumping jack for each letter
- 30-second plank
- Practice math problems, do a jumping jack every time the answer is an even number
- 20 leg lifts
- Ball-toss spelling practice. Toss the ball and say a letter then toss the ball to someone else to say the next letter
- High knees for 30 seconds
In moving through lists of PE resources- this one was a silly warm-up! 2 PE teachers practicing social distancing from Australia to New York City!
Teacher on the far right was a Caldwell PE teacher at Washington Elementary! Thank you Alex for the video to share!
Click the photo to go to the dance along! Preformed by PE teacher, Ross Chakrian of Howard County Schools in Maryland!